One of the benefits of a non-surgical nose job is minimal downtime. It is essentially a “lunchtime” procedure with minor tenderness and slight to no bruising after the procedure. At SKIN CLUB – Cosmetic Doctors, an aftercare guide is provided to ensure your safety and your desired results and make your dermal fillers last as long as possible. Here, we list what you should do and expect after the cosmetic procedure.
- A patient may experience some minor swelling, redness, and bruising as these are common after-effects of any dermal filler treatment and should subside within 24-48 hours.
- Topical creams and ice packs can help minimize the side effects.
- You can also resume your normal activities as well but avoid overly strenuous exercises for at least 3 days after the treatment.
- Avoid touching the treated area within the first 10 – 12 hours of the cosmetic procedure.
- It is also advised to avoid too much movement of the area or applying too much pressure. Dermal fillers are malleable and adding pressure can cause indentations that can affect the overall results.
- Stop taking some anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products and supplements for the week after your treatment.
- After a few hours, you can gently wash the treated area with a sensitive cleanser.
- A light make-up or sunscreen can be applied to the face after 24 hours.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or going where there is intense heat until the swelling, redness, and bruising has resolved.
- It is important to stop taking aspirin or similar blood-thinning medications as these may increase the bruising and delay your recovery time.
If you experience the following symptoms post dermal filler treatment and should the symptoms persist more than 3 days or have urgent concerns, you can contact the team at (03) 9999 7368.
- Severe pain
- Fever or chills
- If the treated area is hot to touch or increases in redness
- Blotches or discoloration in areas not injected with dermal fillers