One effective method to improve one’s physical appearance and boost their confidence is through fat removal and body contouring or Liposuction. Thanks to the advancement of cosmetic technology liposuction techniques have developed Vaser Liposuction and Vaser Hi-Def Liposuction. So if you are wanting to remove the fat cells and have a sculpted body, let’s take a minute to understand the difference between traditional Liposuction and the Vaser Liposuction.
Traditional Liposuction or the suction method to remove fat from the body was first introduced in the 1970s but only gained popularity in the early 1980s. Cosmetic surgeons target areas of the body with excess fat deposits by using a hollow cannula and a suction device, known as an aspirator. The traditional Liposuction treatment is effective but can be time-consuming and physically demanding on the cosmetic surgeon with results lacking precision. The patient, on the other hand, has higher risks and longer recovery time.
Through the cosmetic surgery industry advancements, liposculpture techniques evolved from traditional Liposuction methods to a safer and more precise option for fat removal. Vaser or Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance uses ultrasound technology to liquefy and melt the fat deposits before removal. It is a less invasive procedure for both the cosmetic or plastic surgeon and the patient. It aims to:
- Reduce the risk of surrounding tissue trauma
- Improve the accuracy of fat removal
- Increase the amount of fat that can be removed
- Allow for precise body contouring
- Increase the number of areas of the body that can be treated
- Encourage skin tightening and collagen production
- Minimize the noticeable scaring post liposuction surgery
- Minimize the downtime
- Reduce the severity of common side effects