Here’s Why You Should Consider Getting Lip Fillers
Dr. Vi Sharma has worked in the field of cosmetic surgery
He has a Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Monash University; and former member of the Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine and the Royal Australian College of General Practice.
Every other social media-based beauty trend has taken a seat in the corner, and for quite some time now, lips are getting all the glory. Plump and almond-shaped lips are goals nowadays. No one can deny that this trend started with celebrities like Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian. Not only have they sported these lips confidently in front of the media, but they have also popularised this trend by releasing several lip products that can aid you in achieving results similar to them.
New lip products that can temporarily make your lips look contoured and plump. Lip liners, nude lipsticks, lip-plumping balms and glosses are getting all the attention right now. You may want to try that for yourself. No one can deny that it will look very good indeed. But it may just be temporary fixes that wear off within a few hours, and you want those lips for much longer. There is no harm in wanting to look good; not if easy solutions are available for you.
Have considered getting dermal lip fillers to achieve the desired celebrity-like perfect lips? Let us tell you why that is a good option. First, let us learn a bit about dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers are getting more and more popular nowadays. Dermal filler injections are a type of non-surgical cosmetic procedure. These filler injections contain Hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring, hydrating chemical. This is a type of body and face contouring treatment, Which is used to make areas such as your lips, your cheeks or other parts of your body look plumper or fuller. This is a relatively modern and risk-free procedure compared to its alternative surgical versions.
Still, confused about getting lip fillers? Generally, people who get dermal lip fillers consider these facts and their aesthetic goals. You can opt for dermal lip fillers for a number of reasons like :
To restore your previous lip size :
With your age, you will start noticing that your lips are getting smaller or thinner. The space between your upper lip and septum can get longer and flatten out, which will increase the intercommissural distance between the corners of your mouth.
To correct the shape of your lips :
Your lips can be of different sizes or shapes, which may give it an asymmetrical shape. This is very common, and you may want to make your lips appear more symmetrical.
To reduce wrinkles or saggy lips from the effects of age :
Wrinkles may develop sometimes on both sides of your mouth from smiling or laughing too much.
To boost confidence :
Dermal lip fillers can help boost your self-confidence immensely.
It is trending :
You can have a reason for correcting the shape of your lip, or you may choose to get lip fillers purely for the aesthetic value.
Still, confused about the whole lip filler procedure?
Do not worry. Considering these additional things will further help you with your decision :
- Decide if you want to correct the shape of your lips or just aesthetically improve them.
- Consult our experts here at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors to determine whether you are a healthy fit for the lip filler treatment.
- Listen to all the preparations your doctor asks you to make before the day of the treatment.
- Ask the doctor if any extra supplements need to be taken, or if any supplement you are currently on should be stopped.
- If you are a chain-smoker, you need to stop smoking for at least a month before getting the lip filler injections.
- Keep your expectations realistic from the treatment
- Understand that it may end up not being up to your expectations
- A single session will only take about an hour of your day
- You may consult your doctor and decide to get several other treatments at once. It will not affect your initial plan.
- Dermal lip fillers are cost-effective than invasive surgical procedures
- Dermal lip fillers have proved to pose the least amount of risk among surgical and laser treatments
- The number of sessions you will need depends on your body, skin, lifestyle and your aesthetic goals. The doctor will tell you the exact number upon consultation.
- This is a completely non-invasive treatment. No incisions will be made on your skin.
- The procedure will be pain-free. You may experience some mild discomfort but it is not painful.
- The doctor will prep you by applying a numbing agent to the treatment area before giving you the injections.
- Dermal lip fillers will definitely tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles in the mouth area. This in turn will make you look fresh and younger
- These fillers may also be used to lighten any type of surgical or scarring on your lips face
- These fillers can also get rid of dark pigmentation on your lips
- You can consider getting dermal lip fillers for your face after you are 18. Most people start getting fillers from ages 30 – 45.
Are you convinced of the effectiveness of getting dermal fillers yet? If you have any other doubts, our experts here at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors will guide you, and give appropriate solutions for all your cosmetic problems. Contact today!