How Can you Treat Temporomandibular Joint Pains
Dr. Vi Sharma has worked in the field of cosmetic surgery
He has a Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Monash University; and former member of the Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine and the Royal Australian College of General Practice.
TMJ or Temporomandibular joints are present on our lower faces. These joints connect our jawbones to our skulls. Their exact location is in front of the ears, on both sides of the face.
Pain in these joints is actually very common. People often tend to ignore it. However, these pains are curable. Our experts here at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors can consult you about permanent TMJ pain treatment options.
TMJ pain causes dysfunction in the lower joints of your face. There can be several causes of TMJ pain :
- Dislocation of teeth or jaw because of injuries
- Teeth clenching
- Any autoimmune disease
- Conditions like arthritis
- Other infections
Doctors consider TMJ pain an acute situation. Although TMJ pain is not at all endangering your life in any way, it can hinder your lifestyle by causing continuous discomfort and stress.
TMJ pain can happen on both sides of your face. There are several symptoms of TMJ pain :
- Popping and clicking sound each time you move your jaw.
- Locking of your jawbones.
- Any form of pain on your jaw, neck, shoulders, or even face
- A problem in opening the mouth wide
- A ringing sensation in your ears and also ear-aches
- Dental issues like tooth pain
If you face these symptoms for a prolonged time without any reason, you may want to consult our doctors here at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors. TMJ pain treatment in melbourne is a very common procedure at our clinics. People get scared needlessly. Most of the time, handling and treating the underlying reason will cure you of TMJ pain permanently.
At Skin Care Cosmetic Doctors, the most popular TMJ pain treatment is the botox treatment. Our doctors and expert injectors inject botox solutions on your lower face and joint area to relieve your TMJ pain.
Botox treatments are all the rage right now. Botox injections use a toxin called onabotulinumtoxinA to temporarily prevent a muscle from moving in the treated area. Botox in Melbourne, when injected into your masseter muscle will give you successful results. The masseter muscle is responsible for the appearance of your cheeks and jaws. Botox injections will weaken this masseter muscle and also shrink it a bit. This will relax the muscles responsible for the movement of your Temporomandibular Joint on both sides of your lower face up to your ears.
Botox injections in Melbourne can also treat several health-related problems like Cervical dystonia, Lazy eye, Muscle contractures, Hyperhidrosis, Bladder dysfunction and Eye twitching.
Botox injections are the best and most effective non-surgical TMJ pain treatment option. Botox holds such a large place in the medical cosmetic industry nowadays. Botox can easily relieve your TMJ pain.
If you do not want to opt for cosmetic treatments, you can ask your doctor for oral medications, and you can even try some home remedies to manage TMJ pain treatment :
- Go easy on your jaw: You should try to evade any kind of hard, leathery, and sticky foods. Chewing gum should be avoided. You should also cut your food into tiny pieces to help the movement better. Try to pick soft foods as well.
- Heat compress and cold compress: You should apply either a damp and warm compress or an ice pack on the TMJ. choose whatever suits you better. This can reduce TMJ pain at home as well.
- Proper stretching and exercising of jaw muscles: You can also try several jaws stretching and supporting exercises. This can alleviate the movement of your jaw and can therefore improve TMJ pain by relaxing your muscle movement and easing the tension.
Contact Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors for a proper consultation from our expert doctors regarding your TMJ pain, and get effective solutions today.