The best person to get PRP Injections
Dr. Vi Sharma has worked in the field of cosmetic surgery
He has a Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Monash University; and former member of the Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine and the Royal Australian College of General Practice.
Wondering what are those new vampire facials things that are so popular on social media sites right now? Why the long face! We are here to tell you about vampire facials, and why exactly is it called that.
Now, to know more about vampire facials, firstly, you will have to more about PRP injections and their uses.
PRP injections are composed of the platelet-rich plasma cells found in the human body. To collect these plasma cells, the doctor draws blood from your body. The doctor then uses a machine to separate these platelet-rich plasma cells from the rest of your blood cells.
Our body’s natural blood platelets make our blood clot, stopping our cuts and wounds from bleeding excessively and promoting healing. When these cells are injected inside any targeted area of your body, they break down and release compounds which help your cells to repair themselves and grow quickly. Externally, this may come off as your wounds healing quickly.
Doctors use these injections on to treat any ligamental, muscular or joint injuries. These injections are also popular in treating dermatological problems like acne scars, wrinkles and others. PRP injections in melbroune are also used to treat hair loss problems, as they promote the healing of hair follicles, making hair grow out faster.
This treatment is most popular with stunt men, and athletic personalities to treat their wounds faster. The vampire facial is the latest headway of this treatment. It uses your blood plasma platelets to stimulate collagen production in your skin and gives you a fresher and brighter look.
Your doctor will draw blood from your body and then use a machine to separate the platelet-rich plasma from the rest of the blood. Then the doctor applies anaesthetic ointment on the targeted area. Post prep, the doctor injects your plasma into the area of your body being treated. PRP injection treatments usually take about 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the treatment area and the health condition of your body.
Now you may ask, can anyone get PRP injections treatment nowadays? So let’s find out!
Here at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors, we run thorough diagnostics on each and everyone to pose the lowest risks during treatments.
Let’s look at some other points that make you fit to get PRP injections :
For hair loss or Androgenic Alopecia :
- You are in the early stages of hair loss and have noticed hair thinning
- You can notice some bald spots
- You have portions on your scallp with low-quality hair follicles.
- You have been diagnosed with this condition by a certified expert.
- You are in good health and are not suffering from any kind of infections or other diseases.
- Consult your doctor to know the best option for your condition before making an informed decision.
For your skin problems :
- You have a proper diagnosis from a certified doctor
- You are ready for this treatment mentally
- You know all there is to know about the risks of this treatment
- You have stopped taking anti-inflammatory medicines beforehand
- You have stopped smoking or vaping before the treatment
For your wounds and injuries :
- Your doctor thinks PRP injections will help your healing process
- Any pain or lack of mobility hindering your daily life
- Medicines and physiotherapies have not been working out for you
- You suffer from knee, neck or back pain caused by arthritis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Various Sports injuries
- Chronic ankle sprains and strains
- Stubborn Muscle injuries
Contact our experts at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors to know more about PRP treatments, here in Melbourne.