What is the biggest way to cure as rapidly as possible following eyelid surgery?
Dr. Vi Sharma has worked in the field of cosmetic surgery
He has a Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, Monash University; and former member of the Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine and the Royal Australian College of General Practice.
Blepharoplasty Surgery is performed on a person’s eyelids. This is a Cosmetic surgery which Is done to remove excess skin from the upper eyelids And reduce bagginess And puffiness from the lower eyelids, Giving you a more fresh and fuller look. This surgery is commonly known as Eyelid surgery or simply, an Eyelift.
Your eyes are considered the focal point of your face. An Eyelid surgery has several benefits. It can provide you a fresher, brighter and more focused look. It can improve several signs of ageing in your face, as well as give you clearer vision and reduce your migraines.
Expert Non-surgical options for an Eyelid surgery are available at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors, in Melbourne. A non surgical eyelift is a form of laser treatment that uses advanced methods like plasma resurfacing to retract and tighten the treatment area. This method of treatment is very non- invasive as well as there is very little downtime for healing.
Your vision is the most important sense organ in your body. As such, you may be worried about the time you will need to completely heal your eyes after an Eyelid surgery. Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors offer a minimally invasive procedure, where you do not have to worry about your vision for long. Let’s see the steps to cure your vision as rapidly as possible after your Eyelid Surgery.
After your eyelid surgery, you will need to have someone to help you a bit with your daily life for a few days. You will have scars from the incisions if you have chosen a surgical procedure. You can further expect Sensitivity to light, Blurred vision, Watery eyes, Slight pain and discomfort in your eyes.
The complete Recovery time after the surgery can be broken down into three parts :
- Bruising – Will take about 2 weeks to go away completely.
- Swelling- This can last upto 8 weeks or even more. With proper care, It will go away as well.
- Maturation of scar – Now this is a long procedure. It can take a year or more for the scars after your eyelid surgery to improve. The visibility of the scar may vary from person to person, but it can never go away completely.
Apart from these, you can also take these steps to ensure further smooth and quicker recovery from the surgery. At Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors, you will be advised on all these proper steps by our experts upon consultation.
- Use ice packs to keep your eyes cool. Do not put your eyes through extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Use eye drops or ointments prescribed by experts diligently.
- Keep your eyelids clean
- Avoid rubbing your eyes
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid using medications like Aspirin and Ibuprofen.
- Ask your doctor about all other supplements that you were taking prior to the surgery.
- Have your doctor recommend pain medications if you feel too much discomfort.
- Wear dark sunglasses or hats for protection from Sunlight, wind and dust when you go out.
- Do not strain or stress your eyes too much by using too many electronics like mobile, tv etc.
- Avoid strenuous activities and exercises for at least 2 weeks to keep moderated blood flow throughout your whole body.
Consult our experts here at Skin Club Cosmetic Doctors for further personalised advises.